Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana completed its 2 years yesterday. On the occasion of the second anniversary of this scheme, Prime Minister Narendra Modi wrote in his series of tweets, “Our Government had the honour of ushering a historic increase in MSP. We are doing everything possible to double the income of farmers.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also said to go through NaMo App for further insight on the content of work done for farmers. PM also tweeted appreciating the farmers' hard work. He wrote, “On this day, 2 years ago the PM-Kisan scheme was launched with an aim to ensure a life of dignity as well as prosperity for our hard-working farmers, who work day and night to keep our nation fed. The tenacity and passion of our farmers is inspiring.”
Going through the few years performance he wrote about the government's initiative in the agriculture sector as “Over the last 7 years, the Government of India has taken many initiatives for transforming agriculture. From better irrigation to more technology, more credit and markets to proper crop insurance, focus on soil health to eliminating middlemen, the efforts are all-encompassing.”
Here are few points to know what is Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana -
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana is a Central Sector Scheme with 100% funding from the government.
- This scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare.
- Under the scheme, the Centre transfers an amount of Rs 6,000 per year, in three equal instalments, directly into the bank accounts i.e through DBT of all landholding farmers irrespective of the size of their landholdings.
- It intends to supplement the financial needs of the Small and Marginal Farmers (SMFs) in procuring various inputs to ensure proper crop health and appropriate yields, commensurate with the anticipated farm income at the end of each crop cycle.
- Responsibility for the identification of beneficiary farmer families rests with the State/UT Governments.