One of the most successful actors from South-Indian Film industry, Bahubali star Prabhas turned 41 today.
The buzz for his birthday was already in the air since the fans got to see the first look of his new project ‘Radhe Shyam’.
So here are few facts about the heartthrob you probably didn’t know -
- For the world, Bahubali star has been ‘Prabhas’ but his full name is Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati. His nicknames are Darling, Prabha, Pubsi and Mr.Perfect.
- Prabhas is the nephew of famous actor Krishnam Raju and his father Uppalapati Surya Narayana Raju was a film producer.
- Prabhas debuted with 2002 film Eeswar. His sixth film was with S. S. Rajamouli titled ‘Chatrapathi’. Prabhas played the role of refugee in this one and it had a run of more than 100 days at the box office.
- Baahubali: The Beginning is the only non-English film to be shown at one of the most treasured and distinctive Royal Albert Hall in London.
- Prabhas is the first South Indian actor to have his own wax statue at Madame Tussauds, Bangkok.
- All the actors starring in Bahubali were required to withdraw their fee to the minimum so that the resources could be used to make the film that Rajamouli had envisaged. Hence, Prabhas charged next to nothing for Baahubali.
- Prabhas gained 30kgs for his role as Bahubali. He shot for nearly 600 days and dedicated 5 years for this movie franchise.
- Prabhas’ first Bollywood movie was a 2014 Action Jackson where he did a cameo.
- Prabhas is a mamma’s boy and admits that seeing his mother's smiling face, makes him forget all the shooting pressures and tensions and he feels like the happiest person.
- As inspiration Prabhas looks up to Robert De Niro.